Darius Campbell Danesh, a Scottish Pop Idol singer, died after inhaling chloroethane, which led to respiratory arrest, according to a US medical examiner.

Darius Campbell Danesh was found dead at his apartment in Rochester, Minnesota, last month. 

Cutout

His family said that he had been suffering from chronic neck pain since he was in a car accident in 2010.

The Southern Minnesota Regional Medical Examiner's Office has confirmed that the person died from inhaling chloroethane.

The post-mortem examination showed that the man had died from the toxic effects of chloroethane and from suffocation.

The family of Darius Campbell Danesh has confirmed that his death was an accident caused by chloroethane.

The family of Campbell Danesh has asked for privacy during this difficult time and thanked everyone for their love and kindness.