SCO Summit 2022 in Samarkand: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) meeting in Samarkand, Uzbekistan today. On reaching Uzbekistan, PM Modi was warmly received by many senior officials including Prime Minister Abdullah Arifov, Ministers, Governor of Samarkand. PM Modi will hold bilateral meetings and meetings with the President of Uzbekistan and some other leaders attending the summit today.
There is still silence from the Ministry of External Affairs on any bilateral meeting or meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping and meeting with Pakistani PM Shahbaz Sharif.
PM Modi to attend SCO summit
After leaving Samarkand from Delhi on Thursday, PM Modi had said that at the SCO summit, I would like to exchange views on topical, regional and international issues, expansion of SCO and deepening of multi-faceted and mutually beneficial cooperation within the organisation. – I look forward to providing. I am also looking forward to meeting President Mirziyoyev in Samarkand. I remember his visit to India in 2018. He also participated in the Vibrant Gujarat Summit in 2019 as a guest of honor. In addition, I will have bilateral meetings with some of the other leaders attending the summit.
10 big things about SCO summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Samarkand for the SCO summit is less than 24 hours away.
- There is still silence from the Ministry of External Affairs on any bilateral meeting or meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping and meeting with the Pakistani PM.
- According to Indian time, there will be a reception of the heads of the SCO member countries at 10:10 am. There will be a group photo session of the heads of the SCO member countries at 10:25 am. This will be the first time of this SCO conference when PM Modi will be with Russian President Putin, Chinese President Xi Jinping and Pakistan PM Shahbaz Sharif.
- Restricted format meeting of SCO will be held from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. It will be a 1 plus 1 meeting. This is the second event where leaders of SCO member countries including Modi, Putin, Xi Jinping and Sharif will be together.
- After the meeting, there will be a joint photo session of the leaders at 12:10 pm. This will be the third time in the conference that SCO leaders including Putin, Modi, Sharif will be together.
- There will be an extended delegation discussion from 12:15 pm to 2.45 pm. Apart from the member countries, dialogue partner countries will also participate in this. Also, the Samarkand Declaration will be signed after the meeting. This will be the fourth event where PM Modi, President Putin, Xi Jinping and other leaders who have come to attend the SCO meeting will be together.
- Will participate in the official banquet on behalf of the President of Uzbekistan from 2:45 pm to 4 pm. This will be the fifth time when Modi, Putin Sharif, Raisi and other leaders will meet at several tables for lunch.
- PM Modi will hold a bilateral meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Samarkand Regency Hotel from 4:10 pm to 4:45 pm.
- Bilateral meeting with the President of Uzbekistan from 5:10 to 5:20 pm, will be held at the Congress Centre. Bilateral meeting with President of Iran Ibrahim Raisi from 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Departure from Samarkand for Delhi at 7:20 IST. PM Modi will return to Delhi at 10:15 pm i.e. before the beginning of his birthday, September 17.
read this also:
SCO Summit 2022: After three years, Indo-Pak PM will be on one platform, meeting Jinping – SCO summit will be special in these ways
Explained: Should Russian President Vladimir Putin abide by Xi Jinping’s promise?