SCO Summit Samarkand: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) meeting in Uzbekistan today. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Samarkand for the SCO summit will be of less than 24 hours. There is still silence from the Ministry of External Affairs on any bilateral meeting or meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping and meeting with the Pakistani PM.
After leaving Samarkand from Delhi on Thursday, PM Modi said in a statement, “I will visit Samarkand to attend the meeting of the Council of Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) at the invitation of the President of Uzbekistan, His Excellency Mr. Shavkat Mirziyoyev. I look forward to exchanging views on contemporary, regional and international issues, expanding the SCO, and deepening multi-faceted and mutually beneficial cooperation within the organization.”
PM Narendra Modi’s schedule today according to Indian time
- There will be a reception for the heads of SCO member countries at 10:10 am
- There will be a group photo of the heads of the SCO member countries at 10:25 am. (This will be the first time of SCO when PM Modi will be with Russian President Putin, Chinese President Xi Jinping and Pakistan Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif. There will be a restricted format meeting of SCO from 10:30 am to 11:30 am.
- It will be a 1 plus 1 meeting i.e. leaders will be accompanied by only their interpreters. (This is the second event where leaders of SCO member countries including Modi, Putin, Xi Jinping and Sharif will be together.
- After the reserved meeting, there will be a joint photo session of the leaders at 12:10 pm. (This will be the third time that SCO leaders including Putin, Modi, Sharif will be together.)
- There will be an extended delegation discussion from 12:15 pm to 2.45 pm. Apart from the member countries, dialogue partner countries will also participate in this. Also, the Samarkand Declaration will be signed after the meeting. (This is the fourth event where PM Modi, President Putin, Xi Jinping and other leaders who attended the SCO meeting will be together). Will participate in the official banquet on behalf of the President of Uzbekistan from 2:45 pm to 4 pm. (This will be the fifth time that Modi, Putin Sharif, Raisi and other leaders will meet together at several tables for lunch.
- PM Modi will hold a bilateral meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Samarkand Regency Hotel from 4:10 pm to 4:45 pm.
- Bilateral meeting with the President of Uzbekistan from 5:10 to 5:20 pm, will be held at the Congress Centre.
- Bilateral meeting with President of Iran Ibrahim Raisi from 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Departure from Samarkand for Delhi at 7:20 IST.
- Will return to Delhi before the beginning of September 17, the date of his birthday, at 10:15 pm.
read this also
Lakhimpur Khiri Case: Announcement of 25 lakh help for the victim’s family, CM Yogi gave instructions for hearing in fast track court